May 26, 2012

Bright Sympathy card


Good morning!

I have a bright sympathy card to share with you today.  Normally, when I think of sympathy I think of subdued, neutral colors with a CAS design.  But, while I was working in my stamping studio a few weeks ago I was thinking of a friend who recently lost a loved one and was inspired to make a couple of sympathy cards using my new to me Year of Flowers stamp sets from PaperTrey Ink.  I specifically purchased a couple of them that I wanted to have for sympathy cards such as this gladiolus one as I love the large design of the flowers - they are huge as you can see and make a great background or focal image.

I have been wanting to try this technique of stamping in Versamark ink and embossing with white embossing powder and coloring with Copics - all on colored card stock, so I decided to do some experimenting.  I loved how it turned out - such a simple technique that makes a huge impact.  Next time I think I'll do it on light blue card stock for a sky background.  To clean up the white embossed lines, I just ran my Copic blender pen over it.

Card Details
Stamps: Year of Flowers (PaperTrey Ink); Sentiment from Sweet'n Sassy Peaceful Swans
Ink: Versafine; Versamark

Card stock: PTI
Other: Copic markers; Spellbinder label die; white embossing powder; Martha stewart butterfly punch; seam binding ribbon; Recollections ceramic rose; lace; rhinestones


The sentiment comes from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Peaceful Swans stamp set, by the way.

Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!
Jessica


3 comments:

Trina said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the technique!

kiwimeskreations said...

Jessica this is stunning - love the technique. Love the way you have presented the sentiment.
Blessings
Maxine

Ladybug said...

Absolutely stunning! I'm sure you brought some comfort to your friend w/ that beautiful card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails