Nov 21, 2011

LOC TeaParty blog hop



Welcome to a special Layers of Color Blog hop event!   

Note: This blog hop starts at Layers of Color blog. If you came from Jennie's blog you are in the right place, if not, please start at the beginning to get the most out of this fun blog hop!

Layers of Color design team is having this blog hop in celebration of the release of Spellbinders newest die templates, Decorative Dress Forms, (designed by Nina Brackett and Laura Campbell) and Nested Tea Cups, (designed by Laura Campbell)! Layers of Color will be offering both these new dies February 1, 2012, or you can purchase them now through Crafters Home participating stores.



For my first project, I decided to make a pocket birthday card to hold a couple of packets of some yummy autumn spiced tea for the birthday girl to enjoy.

Card Details
Stamps: Gifts of Love sentiment (LOC)
Ink: Distress; Memento
Cardstock: Stampin Up
Other: Spellbinder nesting tea cup and tag die; Martha Stewart border punch; lace; twine from The Twinery; Wild Orchid flower; dauber; scor tape





My next card uses this sweet dress form die - I love this ornate one!  I embellished it with a few liquid pearl dots and a little rose...

Card Details
Stamps: Beautiful Lace sentiment (LOC)
Ink: Versafine
Card stock: The Paper Studio Mirabelle collection; DCWV textured; SU solid
Other: Spellbinder dress form, circle and scallop circle dies; EK Success oval punches; Wild Orchid flowers; Seam binding ribbon; liquid pearls; Punch Bunch leaf punch



Please help yourself to these lovely tea-inspired FREE TEMPLATES exclusively from Layers of Color!...

Teacup Card Template, designed by Melisa Waldorf
Paper Tea Cup and Saucer, designed by Laura Kirste Campbell

Layers of Color has wonderful tea-inspired art stamps to go with your tea cup projects! You may need sweet sentiments and verses, a spoonful of honey with Teacup Blessings, and of course some flowers and lace doilies to decorate the table!

We'd love to see what you do with these unique templates and art stamps! Please share your delicious creations on Layers of Color Facebook page! Let's continue hopping to all the talented designer blogs to see what they have brewed up for us!

Next on the hop, is my friend Keri!
.
a complete list of participating designers:

Happy Hopping!
Jessica

22 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

I love this Jessica! I love the nifty pocket idea...and I haven't ever seen this tea so now I want to go try and find it too! LOL The color scheme is so warm and comfy too...great job!

Debbles Dabbles said...

These are gorgeous and I love how you have tagged the tea....interesting flavour.....does it taste like pumpkin pie??

Elizabeth said...

Jessica these are fantastic cards! I've been racking my brain for a cute, crafty way to encolse c acouple of tea bags as a gift for a friend and you've provided the perfect answer. And the dress form card! Wow! Beautiful job.

Alina said...

Wonderful cards! Love the "happy" colors on the firs one!

JaniceAileen said...

These are super duper, Jess! Love your tea bag holder idea!!

Gloria Westerman said...

These are so pretty!!! I love this idea of the tea pocket....so adorable...and I'm sure your friend will love it.....Your Hello Gorgeous is so ....so...pretty.... I love the vintage feel.... awesome job...

Cindy Lou said...

I love both of your cards Jessica. The tea cup pocket card is such a great idea, I love sharing tea with those who can't sit and share a cup and scrap together. I am with you on the dress forms too. That card is just beautiful. Laura did a great job in designing both of those die. They make such beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing!

MariLynn said...

This is so pretty. I love how you have the pocket for the tea. I like the tags.

Wordbird said...

So pretty Jessica. You always have the neatest ideas...love the tea pocket and the warm inviting colors!
Hugs!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Your tea cup project is so darling!! And your dress form card is gorgeous!!

It's delightful to have a spot of tea with you today, Jess!

Anonymous said...

I do love the teabag holder card, what a great idea!

NinaB said...

These are fantastic, Jess. I love them both.

kiwimeskreations said...

Jessica both your cards are wonderful - love the contrasting colours in the top one, and the way you have made the dress form look so delicate and feminine in the second.
Blessings
Maxine

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I LOVE the coral and light green card! BEAUTIFUL--love the lace and the gems on the cup! Beautiful pocket card!! And your second card is SOOOOOO elegant--LOVE the pearls and the papers!! Great stitching (even and the perfect touch!)!!! LOVE:)

Patti J said...

Wow, Jessica! I am totally in love with these creations! Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing...

Becky Dunham said...

Oh my Jessica! I love that dress form card - it is so gorgeous! And the tea card - so sweet! And that is one of my favorite autumn teas :)

Lagene said...

Love the card holder fro tea bags & the dress form card is beautiful!

Jan Marie said...

It took me a while to pick myself off the floor. . .what beauties!! And you even made a dress to wear to the party!! Look at you, girl!! Love the perky colors and clever pocket of the teacup card and the vintage elegance of the second card! Blessings!

Jennie said...

Love these designs Jessica! The pocket card is so fab and love the paper you used. Sweet with the packets of tea. Beautiful dress form design, so nice in kraft!

Ellis said...

Fabulous teapocket and love the dress form card! =)
Hugs, Elenor

FerrellGraph-x said...

Jessica your cards are simply gorgeous!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Walking on Water said...

I love this tea card and what a neat idea to make a pocket to put some tea in it...and love that tea Autumn Spice myself...hehe...thanks for sharing and follower now! :)
Kari

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails