May 25, 2011

Happy Birthday


Hi there!

It's Wednesday morning and that means it's time for a new Paper Pretties' challenge!   This week, we are challenged to create a birthday card which is a great challenge since for me personally I can never have too many birthday cards in my stash.  With going back to teaching school this fall, I've been making as many of my cards birthday cards recently as I could - have you noticed that?  I want to have a good stash of them all ready to go for my fellow teachers and I to use for the students' birthdays.

I used the adorable Always in my Heart Sophia image along with a sentiment from my very favorite Paper Pretties' Surprise Sophia stamp set.  Kids' birthday cards are best when paired with bright patterned papers, so I pulled out some Echo Park 6x6 Summer Time papers and colored Sophia to coordinate.  As you can see, minimal embellishments were added to help keep the card kid friendly and relatively 'lump' free and easy to mail.

In light my heading back to teaching this fall, I have made the very difficult decision to step down from the Paper Pretties design team.  I will not have as much time to play in my stamping room this fall and need to step away from a few of the teams I represent.  Heather has been a joy to work for - her organization is top notch and she and Frances (DT coordinator) have made my time representing the Paper Pretties' company go as smoothly as it possibly could.   You'll still be seeing Paper Pretties' projects on my blog as I have fallen in love with several of her exclusive stamp lines!

Please hop over to the Paper Pretties' company blog to view the rest of the designers' samples as well as to find out all the information on how to enter your card into this week's challenge!

Happy stamping!
Jessica

Card details
Stamps: Surprise Sophia; Always in my heart Sophia (Paper Pretties)

Ink: Memento
Card stock: Copic Xpress it blending; Echo park Summer time dp
Other: corner rounder; SU heart punches; Copics; Sharpie fine point; SU ribbon; sewing machine

2 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable. Best wishes as you take time for yourself and head back to school. I will miss your gorgeous samples.

Paper Pretties said...

This is gorgeous! I love the bold colors! Wonderful card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails