Apr 14, 2011

Best Wishes


Good morning!

This week, the POM Outlawz challenge is to create a card using a technique or a new product.  I pulled out this Flower Sentiments Inkadinkado clear stamp set and decided to do a few different techniques that I don't normally try with this bold floral image: embossing with colored ink and emboss resist.  I inked the image twice - first with versamark and then with SU's Poppy Parade ink and then stamped it, pressing firmly and leaving the stamp touching the card stock for a little bit to make sure that the full image transferred to the white card stock.  Then, I sprinkled detail clear embossing powder over it and heat embossed it.  After cutting the image out with a Spellbinder long deckled rectangle die, I took SU's Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry and sponged around the die.  I also sponged around the floral image a bit, but I don't think my camera picked that up.

Card Details
Stamps:  Inkadinkado Flower Sentiments

Ink: SU; Versamark
Other: Spellbinder long deckled rectangle, labels 16, and oval (for inside); Cuttlebug vine folder; detail clear embossing powder; SU gold cordning; dauber; May Arts ribbon; button

and the inside view...



I also challenged myself to layer a bunch of Spellbinder dies for my project - since that is another technique I don't do as often as I want to.  I love the look of the dies matched up and layered but I forget to try it when I'm creating a card!  I die cut everything with Spellbinder's Grand Calibur machine, which helped it go quite quickly.

Check out the Outlawz discussion group for the other designer's samples as well as the information on how to get your card entered into this week's challenge!

Have a great day!
Jessica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails