Mar 31, 2011

A joy ride!


Happy Thursday!

This week's Outlawz POM (prisma colored pencils & other coloring mediums) challenge is to create a card using stitching - faux or sewing machine.  I decided to go monochromatic with my card and pulled out my beloved sewing machine to create my CAS card sample.  It really went together quite quickly - love those kind of cards, don't you?

Just a few notes on my card for your reference - I sponged all the edges of the card stock as well as the inside of the Label 15 Spellbinder die (that I cut with my Grand Calibur machine - love that thing!) with Distress Frayed Burlap ink for depth.  I think it adds to the vintage feel.  And those buttons?  I 'threaded' them with strips of ivory card stock because I wanted a thicker feel than thread, so it worked for me.

Card Details
Stamps: Hero Arts Joy Ride
Ink: Memento; Distress
Other: Spellbinder label 16 die; buttons; sewing machine; blending foam; SU click; twine

No inside view on my card today - sorry!

Be sure to pop over to the Outlawz POM challenge discussion for the other designer's samples as well as the instructions on how to add your card to our gallery there!

have a great day!
Jessica

2 comments:

craftieodmae said...

absolutely priceless!Love all the buttons too!

Diana Fisher said...

Great card! I love the buttons like that and great bike!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails