Jan 18, 2011

InStyle Stamps January Color Challenge


Good morning!

I have some cards today that I designed for January's InStyle Stamps Color challenge!!  The challenge runs through February 8th, so you have lots of time to play along with us. Today, I wanted to share my two cards that I designed with the Patty Love stamp set.

Here's the photo we were given to use as an inspiration for our projects:


I was thrilled when I found this sheet of My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue cloud paper - see how the colors in the paper match the inspiration photo really well!?  LOVE that!

Card Details
Stamps: Patty Love (ISS)
Ink: Memento; Vivid aqua
Card stock: My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue dp; SU solid and textured
Other: PTI rick rack die and yellow felt; Basic Grey brads and Buttons; Copic markers; Spellbinder circle dies; dauber; SU heart punches, ribbon and clip

and the inside view...



I made one more card with the Patty Love stamp set for the color challenge but didn't think I would share it since I didn't really care for how it turned out.  However, a couple of friends encouraged me to share it because they liked it a lot.. lol!  Isn't that the way it goes sometimes?  So, here it is - I hope you like it!


I really like this oven image in the Patty Love stamp set.  It's a great size and since my sister is quite the cake and cupcake baker, I'm sure it will come in handy for cards I make for her and others that I know who enjoy spending time in the kitchen.

and the inside view...

Card Details
Stamps: Patty Love (ISS)
Ink: SU; Memento
Card stock: Basic Grey 2 Scoops dp; SU solid and textured
Other: Sewing machine; Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder; sanding block; Rectangle plain and jumbo scallop nestability dies;  SU heart punches and ribbon

Have a great rest of your day - thanks for checking in on me today! For more information on how to play along with our challenge, please visit the InStyle Stamps blog post HERE.
Jessica

3 comments:

Lillian Child said...

Your sister is gonna ADORE this darling card - too sweet!!

Colleen said...

Jessica,
Love the color combo and your designs as always. Your friends were right the stove one turned out great! I'm so glad you are having fun!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

OH My !! These are FABULOUS!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails