I have a couple of cards to share tonight that didn't make the cut for the Vintage Border's Blog Hop last week. I haven't had time to do much stamping (at least not anything that I can share yet!) so I thought I'd share these 3 cards tonight along with a fun questionnaire that Cathy Tidwell shared on her blog awhile back.
This first card is BUSY, isn't it? All kinds of layers and textures going on ... lol! I was experimenting with a variety of elements and ending up feeling like they all threw up on this card! heehee...
Now, my next one is much simpler - and it's one that I made while trying to decide on my Vintage Borders' Class Kit...
I LOVE that stamped image in Green ink - doesn't it look like ribbon? I also really like the paper flowers stamped and then sponged with ink.
The colors scream Christmas and I really like all the elements on this card - but it's not my favorite card for some reason. You know what I mean? It's a nice card - but not a great one.
My final card is my favorite in this group - it has many of the same elements but seems a little more elegant and understated...
Wanna know the sentiment is stamped on a separate paper and then layered like that? It's to hide the first time I stamped the image in Red Rhubarb ink... lol! See - layers can be good because they hide the 'boo-boos' and 'oops!' situations on our cards! *wink*
Here's a closer view of the flowers - I really like them!
Okay - so there's 3 cards that aren't my favorites. But, I venture to guess that somebody will love them - so that's why I shared them! lol! It's always so funny to me to hear people say that they dislike a certain card of theirs while others will see the same card and think it's beautiful and one of the best cards they've ever seen!
So, don't be afraid to share your less than favorite creations with everyone - I promise that someone will LOVE them! Cardmaking is a process - a fun one and a messy one - but a process just the same. These cards helped me produce the Class Card that I designed as well as a card I'm going to share on Friday that I made for StampTV's PotLuck challenge.
Now - on to the fun questionnaire that I mentioned at the beginning of my post. You're supposed to answer the questions in as few words as possible. Here goes...
1. Where is your cell phone? purse
2. Your hair? thick & curly
3. Your mother? busy
4. Your father? leader
5. Your fave food? steak
6. Your dream last night? sad
7. Your fave drink? diet coke w/ lemon
8. Your dream/goal? to be at peace w/ myself & others
9. What room are you in? office
10. Your hobby? papercrafting
11. Your fear? conflict
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? enjoying my family & life
13. Where you were last night? home
14. Something that you aren’t? perfect
15. Muffins? chocolate chip
16. Wish List Item? new car for hubby
17. Where did you grow up? Wisconsin
18. Last thing you did? customers' orders
19. What are you wearing? dress pants & dress shirt & heels
20. Your TV? no
21. Your Pets? none
22. Friends? enjoyable
23. Your Life? busy
24. Your Mood? somber
25. Missing Someone? yes
26. Vehicle? Honda Odyssey
27. Something your not wearing? coat
28. Your fave store? GinaK; Gap & Target
29. Your fave color? blue
30. Last time you laughed? today
31. Last time you cried? this morning
32. Your best friend? husband
33. One place that I go to over and over? stamp room
34. One person who emails regularly? GinaK
35. Fave place to eat? Texas Roadhouse
36. Facebook? yes
That was fun, huh? You're also supposed to tag 5 other people to answer the questions. But, I don't like tagging people - who would I narrow it down to?
So, instead - I decided to post this discussion over on StampTV and ask everyone who wants to to post their answers. It's so fun getting to know our online buddies better - and this is a fun way to do it, I think! Plus, there's some fun blog candy up for grabs over on the discussion to - check it out!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'll be back tomorrow night with my Potluck challenge for StampTV.