Jun 12, 2009

Take Flight with Polished Stone... take 2

Good morning!

Today is the last groupings of polished stone cards I've got for you... I hope you haven't gotten tired of them yet! Polished stone is one of my very favorite techniques because of the quick elegance it adds to your focal image. Experimenting with colors is always fun too!

My first card is full of a variety of shades of pinks - and the black onyx papers and embossing powders really help the pink pop!


The inside is very similar to all the other cards I made and shown so far...


And finally, the last card with some deeper pink & reds...


I really like the rich colors of this card! Once again I used Ranger's Alcohol Inks and blending tool on my polished stone samples, but you can get the same results from your Dye reinkers and Rubbing alcohol.

However, I really like the Inkssential's tool because I don't always like touching cotton balls... it gives me the 'heebie jeebies' sometimes - am I the only one that that happens to? lol! It also keeps my fingers free from ink stains.


I went super easy with this final card - I just added a sprinkling of flowers to the bottom of the card, so it almost looks like the butterfly is flitting around among the flowers.


I don't always need to share the insides of my cards, I just like to, to show how quick and simple it can be to finish it off by adding a strip of paper and a flower. It feels a little more polished and professional for me when I give out my cards.

Thanks for endulging me these past 3 days while I've been showing my Polished Stone samples that I've made into cards! If you haven't tried the technique yet, be sure to watch Gina's video over on StampTV and then give it a try! It's one of the easiest techniques out there and always has such a wow factor.

Jessica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails