Jun 10, 2009

Polished Stone Blues...

Good morning!

It's Wednesday and you know what that means - a new stamping technique video from Gina has been added to StampTV! This week, she is showcasing polished stone and adding some fun new products to her online store to help make this technique even easier.

Several months ago, I did a demonstration using Ranger's Alcohol inks and Inkssentials blending tool. To kick it up a notch, I stamped the butterflies from Take Flight in Versamark ink and embossed them with Ranger's Snowflake or Black Tinsel embossing powders.

While cleaning my stamp room over the weekend, I found 7 samples that I saved from that demonstration because I wanted to use them on some cards. So, I sat down one day and put them all to good use on some cards that I'll be sharing with you over the next couple of days.

I dipped the edges of the main images in versamark and embossed with the same powder for a quick border. I paired this sample with some more scraps from my patterned paper box - it ended up matching SU's Blue Bayou cardstock pretty well.


I decided to make all the polished stone samples into 'thinking of you/praying for you' cards, so I turned to my two favorite GinaK sentiment stamp sets: Punchy Words and Not Forgotten. You'll see these same sentiments on all my cards over the next couple of days...

Next up - a turquoise polished stone card...


This was a super quick card to put together, because I really wanted the main image to take center stage...


Isn't it pretty? If you have tried polished stone before and used a regular Metallic reinker, you may have noticed that it never dries fully and has a tendency to smear.

That's the beauty of Ranger's Metallic inks - they are specially formulated for glossy surfaces and techniques such as this one, so they dry completely while still maintaining their glorious shine! I LOVE them and am so glad that Gina has decided to add them to her online store.


Once again the inside of the card is super simple. I used lots of Stampin Up's Tempting Turquoise patterned papers - remember I'm trying to use up my scraps!!

And finally this one - a little more elegant...

This time I used some darker blue Ranger inks and embossed the butterfly with Ranger's Black Tinsel embossing powder. I have been using GinaK's Black Onyx paper as a neutral a lot lately and really like how the black makes the colors pop!

See what I mean...


I used Stampin Up's Brocade Blue cardstock along with some black patterned paper. I sponged some Navy ink on the blue prima flowers to help them work better with my card. I did some more sponging on the inside of my card too...


Thanks for sticking with me through all these photos today! Check back in tomorrow as I will have a couple more Polished stone Take Flight cards to share with you then!
Jessica

3 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Incredibly fabulous - love them - have to go check out the tutorials now! Your "insides" amaze me as much as your outsides Jess - I'm trying to be more like you in that regard!

Becky said...

These are gorgeous-so creative-I must try this.

Lynn Mercurio said...

THUD! Jessica these are all just drop dead gorgeous! How do you find the time woman?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails