Jul 8, 2009

Guiding Light

Good morning!

Today's cards are some that I made a while ago but haven't had a chance to share them on my blog yet! Oops! They are both made with Rupa's gorgeous Guiding Light stamp set. This first card is the card my kids gave to my dad for Father's Day this year.

I stamped the images in Stazon and colored with Koh-i-noor pencils, OMS, and blending stumps. The paper is actually a watercolor paper. Typically you wouldn't use this kind of paper with this technique, but I really wanted the textures from the watercolor paper. I had to redip my stump into the OMS a lot more than usual to blend the colors, but really liked how it turned out. I would highly recommend Gina's Glass OMS pumps to store your odorless mineral spirits in. It's so easy and there is no mess at all!

Here's the inside...

Next, is another card that I think I'll give to my dad for his birthday this year - a little later this month. I love the sentiments Rupa included in her stamp set. My dad is an avid fisherman and a pastor, so you can imagine how versatile and needed this set is in my collection!

This time, I stamped the images on some textured Bazzil white cardstock and colored with Copics. I stamped in black versafine and embossed with clear embossing powder because I really wanted the black images to pop on the papers.

Aren't the papers on my card great? I love them - they are from Gina's Jersey Shore Digital paper which is available for free over on StampTV. Click on the Freebie Tab on STV and scroll down to see all the papers offered.

I printed them out on GinaK's 80lb. Pure Luxury cardstock. Theresa has a wonderful tutorial on how to print out digital papers on StampTV so be sure to check her discussion out for great tips with digital images.

Here's the inside of this card...


Thanks for checking in today - enjoy the rest of your day!
Jessica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails