May 26, 2009

Day 2: Weddings and Fathers...

Good morning!

Weren't yesterday's projects amazing!? I always love seeing what everyone comes up with during these previews... the talent on Gina's team is simply breath-taking, isn't it?! I can't wait to see what all of you - our loyal GinaK Followers will come up with when YOU get these new stamps and start sharing your works of art with us on StampTV and Splitcoast. I get so inspired seeing everyone's work - don't you?

We have two new stamp sets that we're showing off today and first up with one of my favorite wedding sets I've ever seen called With this Ring from Rupa Shevde...

I used Kaiser Kraft's Black Pearls to highlight the main image. Here's a close up of those wedding bells - you can always click on my photos to make them appear larger for an even closer look ...

Here's the inside view - decorated with the Scallop and Plain Heart Nestabilities...

I may not be able to be at the whole release party on Thursday night, so I'm going to share one more card I made with Rupa's stamp set. Plus, I just love this stamp image and wanted to show it to you...

Is that a beautiful wedding cake, or what!? Everything I'm sharing with you today was colored with Copic Markers on GinaK's Pure Luxury white cardstock, by the way.

Here's the inside view of the card...



Now, next up is a brand new stamp set from a brand new Illustrator for GinaK Designs: Nina Bracket! We are thrilled to have her join the team! She is a genious digital artist and has designed an amazing Father's Day set for us this month called Special Father. There is a matching Digital Paper pack that will be available from Nina that coordinates perfectly with her stamp set too!!

Her style is similar in some ways to Rupa's and when I saw this image in Nina's new set I HAD to pair it up with one of my favorite images from Rupa's Guiding Light stamp set to make this card...

Don't they look like they belong together? This is a scene stamp - everything is all in place, so you just ink it up and go. I LOVE those kinds of images and hope we'll see more of them from Nina, don't you?

I stamped the image in Memento ink and then stamped Rupa's Lighthouse image to the bottom right hand side of Nina's scene. No masking, no Stamp-a-ma-jig... I just eyeballed it - and thankfully it turned out just where I wanted it. I love it when that happens - and it doesn't always, trust me! lol!

Here's a little closer view of the scene...


Did you catch the cardbase? It's Gina's new NAVY cardstock that will be available both in the StampTV kit (which we'll be previewing TOMORROW!!) as well as in packages of 25 sheets. This cardstock is perfect! It's the thickness that we've come to expect from GinaK's Pure Luxury cardstock line. She's also releasing RED cardstock too - have you heard? lol!

Here's all the links to the eyecandy from GinaK's team this morning:


Happy Blog hopping and we'll see you back here tomorrow morning with the new StampTV kit's previews!!
Jessica

13 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Wow! Jessica, these are all so beautiful! Love that you combined the images from Special Father and Guiding Light. What a gorgeous card.

A Consuming Passion said...

Great cards Jessica, I love Rupa's new stamp set it's so pretty! Sue W

Tracey said...

Incredible cards Jessica!!

Melanie said...

esp love the inside of your first card I love those ring in the ehart!

NinaB said...

Rupa's set is so lovely and you made such beautiful cards with it. Now, I wish I had this set back when I got married. :-) And thank you for creating such a beautiful card with my illustration. What an honor for me. I love the distressing and paper piercing on it.

Jennie said...

Gorgeous cards Jessica. Love the way you combined the two sets: Guiding Light and Special Father. It looks like one stamp!

Tamara said...

How very clever to use the lighthouse from Rupa's set to compliment the new set from Nina.

Anonymous said...

Oh What Darling cards!!
I especially like how you always decorate the insides as beautifully as the fronts as well. It adds so much!!
KimmieK

Tina said...

Simply awesome! LOVE that Rupa's Guiding Light works with it!

Tina said...

Your cake is GORGEOUS!!!! Love the flowers!!! And of course... the inside... can't even tell you how much I LOVE seeing your card insides!

Carolyn King said...

amazing cards---wow...you sure crank out the beauties!!!! Love all you glitter and the bell accents....great job!

Lori said...

Nice to see all of your samples, you gave us a good taste! Liking how you combined the "scene"!

Sharri said...

Both cards are beautiful Jessica! I love how you combined Nina's and Rupa's sets, they really do compliment each other.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails