Mar 14, 2009

Lovely Daisies...

Good evening!

I have a card to share with you tonight that I made earlier today with Gina's new Free Peachy Keen digital papers that you can find here. I pulled out Melanie's A Year of Flowers and Say it with Flowers stamp sets, some watercolor paper & my Stampin Up Markers and decided to watercolor these beautiful daisies.

To start, I stamped the daisies and the leaves in Black Versafine ink and clear embossed on watercolor paper. Then, I took two shades of SU markers and lightly traced around the edges of the stamp lines with the darkest color and filled the inside areas with the lighter shade. Then, with my Niji Waterbrush filled with water, I blended the lines to soften the colors.


Here's the shades I used: Blush Blossom/Bravo Burgandy; Mellow Moss/Always Artichoke; Apricot Appeal/Summer Sun; and Chocolate Chip for the middle. The embossed lines help the color to stay put and the waterbrush can act as an eraser if you have too much color. Just brush where it's a little too dark and wipe off the excess color on a piece of scratch paper - continue until it's just the way you want it.

For the tag, I cut a scallop tag nestability out of Gina's Pure Luxury white cardstock and using Ranger's Foam Blending sponge and Brilliance Red Copper ink, I sponged the entire tag to this soft copper color. It's really pretty and shimmery in person. Then, I stamped the sentiment in Black Versafine ink and clear embossed it to make it pop.

For the inside, I did the same thing to this larger tag, but before I stamped the sentiment, I stamped a few daisies in the same Red Copper ink and heat set it to dry. The larger daisy was stamped in a dark green Brilliance ink and clear embossed on a piece of Mellow Moss cardstock for a tone on tone look just like the tag...


I have one more watercolor card to share tomorrow here on my blog, but if you'd like to see it now - hop over to my StampTV gallery! It's in it already - along with many of my March Release Cards!
Jessica

1 comment:

Cat Tidwell said...

Gorgeous once again Jessica! I really love how you have watercolored these too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails