Mar 19, 2009

Buzzy Easter Blessings

Are you ready for spring as much as we are here in Wisconsin?! Although we haven't had as bad as a winter this year as we did last year, it's been long enough! The past several days have been heavenly with temperatures in the 60's and even 70's a day ago... ahhh...

My daughter is ready for Easter and is already making plans for coloring Easter eggs. I don't really enjoy coloring real Easter Eggs, but give me a stamp with them on them and I'm all over that! lol! Over this past weekend, I pulled out my favorite GinaK Easter set, Basket of Happiness, Tammy's Saturday's Sketch challenge over on PaperCraftPlanet, some copics & Basic Grey papers and colored away! Here's a closeup of the main image...

The Bees are from TAC's adorable stamp set called "A Wittle Bug" - the butterflies I used on my St. Patrick's Day card are from this set too. I colored everything in with Copics after stamping in Black Memento ink on GinaK's 80lb. Pure Luxury white cardstock. To add some sparkle to the bees wings and the Easter basket, I used the Quickie Glue pen along with Doodlebug's Clear glitter. Then, I dotted the centers of the flowers, the bees eyes and antennae with Sakura's Black Glaze Pen.

The tag is a large Nestability tag shape. The patterned papers are from Basic Grey's Urban Prairie line - I think it's my absolute favorite line of theirs because I love the bright springy colors and patterns!

Here's a picture of all the Copics I used to color the images. As, you can see, I have a variety of Copic marker styles. I've collected them from everywhere - lol!

And, finally here's the inside view of the card - more bees! I paper pierced their buzzy flight pattern after drawing a very light pencil line on the paper first. It helps to do that first and then pierce - trust me on that tip! lol!


Have a wonderful rest of you day! Hope you aren't to 'buzzy' to get some stamping in today! heehee... (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Jessica

1 comment:

Norine said...

this is too cute love the DP and your coloring
Hugs
Norine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails