Feb 18, 2009

Sweetest Blessing 3x3 box

Good morning!

Gina is giving away a set of Nestabilities today on her blog (valued at $24.95)! To be entered to win you have to try to guess what Gina's hinting at today... you guys are going to FLIP when it's finally revealed this Friday!! It's been so hard keeping this under wrap for months - so we are thrilled that it's all come together and is almost here for all of you to see!!

This morning I wanted to share my Sweetest Blessings box that I made several weeks ago and mentioned that I would share the templates here on my blog.

First up, here's the entire ensemble...



The box holds four 3x3 cards and envelopes perfectly - you could probably fit 2 cards and envelopes in it without a problem. The box itself is so easy and is the perfect size for some candies or even a little gift.


The bottom of the box is a 7 1/2" square scored at 2" on each side. The top of the box is a 5 5/8" square scored at 1" on each side. I found this template from Kelly Lunceford (atomicbutterfly on SCS) - thanks Kelly!


For each of the cards and the box, I used Stampin Up's Chocolate Chip and Purely Pomegranate cardstocks along with some polka dot Purely Pomegranate ribbon. The images were all stamped in Black Memento Ink on GinaK's 80lb. Pure Luxury cardstock and colored with Copics and highlighted with Stickles.


Since there are 4 images and sentiments in this adorable stamp set, I paired the images and sentiments together to make these four cards.



These little images were so much fun to color and embellish. I felt like it was a little mini cake decorating class! lol!

Using the same patterned papers that I used to decorate the box, I made the envelopes to match. Stampin Up's Oval and 5 flower punch were the perfect was to decorate them.

The envelope template is one that I came up with while tinkering around with my scorpal. The base of the envelope is 4 1/2" x 7 1/2". Now, bear with me and I'll try to share the scoring measurements without confusing you too much. (I'll upload a photo of the template a little later to make it easier to see and understand.)

On the 4 1/2" side, score at 1/2" and 4"

On the 7 1/2" side, score at 2 1/8" and 5 1/2"

Round all the edges to finish them off.



Have a great day and good luck guessing Gina's hint!
Jessica

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This set looks wonderful in your pictures, but it is AWESOME in person!

Anonymous said...

I have this set and I'm so happy to see your samples using it! I can't wait until Friday when we'll find out the answer to all of these hints on Gina's blog. Are you sure you can't give us a little sompin' sompin' extra to help us figure out this mystery?!
;)

Lisa H.

Susan White said...

Jess, This set is awesome, I love love love it. I plan to make one of my own and some for some friends. Thanks so much!!!!!!

AKiteFlier said...

I agree with Karen that it's even more beautiful in person. Jess, my photo of the template did not turn out - it's not in focus - but I'm going to try and make a set of these as a gift. LOVE LOVE LOVE these. Thanks for a great idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails