Feb 26, 2009

Floral Gatefold Card

Good morning!

We have been BUSY at GinaK's store packing up Floral Frenzy kits for everyone who has ordered them this past week! You could say that we've been working in a 'frenzied pace' the past week - so Gina very aptly named the kit, I think!

Due to the huge success of StampTV and her kits along with preparing for her regular monthly release, next month's class schedule is going to be revamped with several classes taken off the schedule. I'll let you know in a post tonight the revised schedule along with the Stop and Stamp cards we'll be making tomorrow at GinaK's store.

Today's card is a gatefold one made with some images from the Elegant Flowers found in the Floral Frenzy Kit. I stamped the images in Black Memento ink on GinaK's layering weight (80lb.) cardstock and colored with Copics. Then, taking my Clear Sakura glitter pen, I traced many of the lines to add some sparkle. I kept the first photo a little darker so you could see the glitter on the image.

Here's a brighter more true view of the card...

Cardstock colors are Gina's Green cardstocks she includes in the 6x6 layering pack in the kit along with SU's River Rock and Cameo Coral.

I'm a little ashamed to admit that this is the first gatefold card I've made with my ScorPal - which is a little ridiculous because the measurements for the scoring are right on the grid! Did you know that? If you have a ScorPal, look at the two grid lines that have a raised dot on... I think it's the 2 1/8 and 6 3/8 marks. Those are the scor lines you need to use to make a perfect gatefold card - how easy is that!?

I'm off to work to process another bazillion orders for the kit with the girls! LOL! Be sure to stop back in later tonight for the revised class schedule along with tomorrow's cards for the Stop and Stamp event...
Jessica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails