Feb 4, 2009

Chocolate Milk and Cookies...

Hi!

I come from a family of Cookie Monsters! We LOVE all kinds of cookies - especially ones that have chocolate in them! So, Melanie's Have a Cookie stamp set is perfect for making those sweet little cards that are perfect to give everyone in my family when I want to send them a little love note. I recently made some cards with the cookies and milk images and paired them all with this adorable sentiment , "we go together like cookies and milk..." and will be sharing them over the next couple of days.

First up, is my chocolate lover card complete with Oreos and Chocolate milk!


I stamped the images in Black memento ink and colored with Copic markers on GinaK's 80lb. Pure luxury cardstock. To highlight the chocolate milk, I added a layer of clear crystal lacquer over it so it's really glossy in person. The oreo cookie has a layer of white liquid applique for the frosting - check out the fluffy filling!

I decided to use Cuttlebug's tiny dot embossing folder to emphasize the cookie crumbs that my children always leave when they are devouring their snacks! To get the added color, I rubbed Stampin Up's Creamy caramel dye ink on the embossing folder, put my creamy caramel cardstock in it and then ran it through the machine. Clean up is a breeze - you just rinse the folder under water in the sink and the ink washes right away.

Here's a little closer view of the chocolate milk and a peek of the frosting...



Have a great day - and watch for some more cookie cards this week on my blog!
Jessica

3 comments:

Christi Flores said...

What a yummy card! I love it!

Norine said...

looks good enough to eat and drink love it
Hugs
Norine

Kim Burmeister said...

Jess, this card is awesome! I love the oreo filling! Yummy! Now I am hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails