Jan 27, 2009

You Light Up my Life...


******* Don't forget to check out my Birthday Blog Candy*********

Good morning!

Today's card is another one for my PaperCraftPlanet sketch this week. This beautiful plate of candles stamp set comes from Rupa's new Perfectly Polished stamp set. The images in this collection are beautifully elegant - true to Rupa's style!

I stamped the images on Gina's 80lb. Pure Luxury cardstock in Memento ink and then colored them in with Copic markers. Then, I took Sakura's Clear Stardust glitter pen and traced a few lines of the image and then moved the glitter around with my Niji waterbrush. To highlight the entire image, I put a layer of Clear Crystal Lacquer over it. I love using Crystal lacquer over the glitter because it really makes the glitter pop!

Here's a full view of the card...

The card base is GinaK's 120lb. Pure Luxury cardstock - the stiffest paper you'll find for your white card bases. It embosses beautifully too. The decorative papers are from Doodlebug's Orange collection which I've been using a lot lately, but don't worry - I've almost used my entire pack up!

For the inside of the card, I wanted to go clean and simple...


So, I stamped the image in Black Memento ink again and then used my favorite sentiment nestability die to pop up the sentiment. Super easy and elegant - just the look I was going for.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Jessica

4 comments:

Norine said...

very pretty love the orange and the inside as well
Hugs
Morine

Anonymous said...

This is sooooooo.... pretty!!!! I love that orange!

Brenda said...

Very pretty, and a nice use of orange. TFS

Lee said...

Mmmmm.....lovin' the rich dsp!!! I love this candle image!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails