Jan 19, 2009

Thank You Very Much...

Good morning!

Today's card is another Christmas thank you that will be going out in the mail soon. I made it on the same day as the Froggy Thank You card that I shared yesterday and I'm sure you'll see some similarities between the two cards. When I sit down to do my papercrafting, I find that I rarely make one card at a time. Usually as I'm making one card, an idea pops up that I'll save to do on the next one - does that happen to you, too?

The preview above is actually the inside of the card, but it's my favorite photo, so I put it first! LOL! Here's the full card...

The layout is a little strange to me, but it's what I came up with since the main image was so big. I wanted to make a scene with these Hero Arts Owls all standing in a row in a snowbank (made with liquid applique and glitter). I stamped the owls in Black versafine ink and clear embossed them on SU's textured whisper white cardstock and then colored with Copics. As I mentioned yesterday, I usually use a smooth cardstock, like GinaK's Pure Luxury cardstock when I color with Copics, but I did a little experimenting and ended up liking how it turned out.

The circle Thank you sentiment is also a Hero Arts sentiment. After stamping it, I used the 2" EK Success Scallop circle punch to make a 'snow cloud' - at least that's what I was thinking it was supposed to be when I did it! This paper punch is bigger than SU's, by the way. I bought it at one of my local scrapbooking store in Madison. (Scrapbook Superstore if you're in the area and want to pick one up.)

Here's a close up of the owls - don't they look watercolored on that textured cardstock?

After running SU's basic gray and pacific point cardstock through my Big Shot with a couple of Cuttlebug's embossing folders, I rubbed my Memories White dye ink over the embossing to help it pop and soften a little. I really like this white ink. Because it's dye ink, it dries quickly and isn't messy like SU's White craft ink.

Here's a full view of the inside of the card...

I've been busy this weekend working with the six new GinaK stamp sets that will be released this Thursday, January 22nd. Previews begin Tuesday at midnight here on my blog and on many of the GinaK Design Team members blogs. We're showing off Melanie and Rupa's new stamp sets first!

Gina mentioned that she would be having an early sneak peek today on her blog - so pop over there and see if she has it up yet!



Have a great rest of your day!
Jessica

5 comments:

Lee said...

What a sweet and fun wintry Owl thank you!!

Norine said...

now this is adorable love those owls
Hugs
Norine

Cat Tidwell said...

Oooo I love these blue and greys together, beautiful thank you card Jessica!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card... Super cute!c

Unknown said...

Awwww...this is sooo sweet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails