Jan 11, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Good morning!

Today's card is one that I made for my co-worker Shelly who celebrated her birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday, Shelly!! I hope your birthday dinner last night was great!

This kitty from Penny Black's stamp set Bubbly is so cute floating in the air with her birthday balloons, isn't she? I stamped in black versafine ink and clear detail embossed it on GinaK's 80lb. Pure Luxury cardstock. Then, I colored the image in with Bic's Mark-it Alcohol markers - you can purchase them at Target or WalMart.

If you are thinking of investing in Copic Markers, I would suggest for you to try the cheapest alternative out there first - these Bic markers. They work really well - especially on Gina's smooth cardstock and the blender pen works great with it too.

After I colored her, I cut the oval out with the Petite Oval Nestability and embossed with the coordinating Scallop Petite Oval. The patterned paper and buttons are from Basic Grey's Sultry Collection - I love the soft feminine feel of this line. Since it's white core paper, I took my Tim Holtz Sanding block to the scallops on the oval frame and got a little heavy on the lower corner... oops! Stickles were the perfect final touch to the main image, because what birthday girl doesn't like her bling?! lol!

Here's the inside view - nothing fancy, but I thought I'd share it anyway because I love the sentiment that comes with this stamp set. I stamped it on a punch out Giga and Mega Scallop Heart punch.


Thanks for stopping by today and have a great rest of your day!
Jessica


1 comment:

Norine said...

love this card have to love the nesties LOL
Hugs
Norine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails