Dec 13, 2008

Tropical Thankyou Flowers

Good morning!

We had our GinaK Designs Work Party last night for all our store workers at a beautiful Italian restaurant. What fun it was going out together along with our husbands! The food was fabulous - especially dessert... *wink* But, the best part was just hanging out together. Alicia and Gina took photos of everyone and will be sharing them on her blog sometime soon, I'm sure.

Rupa Shevde and her husband Wes joined us for the dinner as well. It was a pleasure sitting by them and getting to know both of them a little better. They both are Professors at the UW Wisconsin here in Madison and are renowned scientists well known in their fields... so you can imagine how interesting our conversation was. Can you imagine the "Director of Education" for GinaK Designs talking to a Professor of BioChemistry for the UW Madison ... lol! Seriously though, they both share our Christian faith and are very humble with all of their accomplishments and the conversations were very interesting.

My kids had a birthday party sleep-over with a family friend of ours - so Brad and I had a date night. How great was that, huh? Out for a great meal - and the hubby didn't even have to pay! Thanks, Gina and Tom, for a great meal and fellowship! Brad is wondering where we are going next Friday night for dinner....

Card Details: Tropical Flowers, Punchy Words; Euphora dsp; SU cardstock; Flourish punch; Scallop circle punch; Versamagic chalk ink; versafine black ink; clear embossing powder; SU word window punch;SU organdy ribbon;SU mat; piercer; Tonic punch; White gel gen; rhinestones

So, in honor of our fun night last night, I thought I'd share this thank you card that I made with Gina's new Tropical Flowers stamp set. I added all the supplies I used for the card, so I won't go into too many details here on the specifics. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

I'm very thankful for the opportunity to work for Gina and alongside Shelly, Karen, and Judy. You guys are the best! We have lots of laughs every day and really have the best jobs in the world because we work for the sweetest boss ever. Thanks, guys!

I'm off to work in a little while this morning because we are having our Holiday Open House at Gina's store today from 10-4. Gina, Rupa, and I will be there demonstrating a variety of different techniques throughout the day. We'll be showing brayers & spectrum inkpads, Tim Holtz masks, Distress inks, Alcohol inks, Copic markers - to name just a few!

I hope you can pop in and make a free card with Gina, enjoy some holiday treats, and do some holiday shopping.

Thanks for stopping by this morning and have a wonderful weekend!

Jessica



3 comments:

Donna Baker said...

pretty card, Jessica! how fun (and different party, more special than mine we only stayed an hour at last night - dreaded going & even the time we were there) because unlike y'all...it was with people I work with at my job (not friends) -difference is y'all have something in common, have a great caring boss & enjoy each other's company! how great to have Rupa & her husband join you! look forward to seeing the pics! Wish I could 'stop & stamp' today!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oooo I so jealous! LOL! You are so very blessed to have a job like this I think, very few do! I know I have never 'met' any of ya'll, but just from my online experience for all that work for Gina...they are just awesome! So I can only imagine how it would be IRL!

And your card is just as aweseome Jessica! LOVE how you did the ribbon for leaves and love the colors!

Anonymous said...

The party was great! Gina picked such a nice restaurant and treated us like royalty!

Jessica - it's so much fun to work with you guys. Even though we work hard it doesn't feel like work!

Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails