Dec 29, 2008

Blog Candy Challenge

Good morning!

This morning, I'd like to challenge you to make a new card by stamping and heat embossing with a colored embossing powder on Vellum paper. Please don't link a card that you've made previously for this blog candy challenge. Where would the challenge be in that? LOL!

Details on challenge:
1. Link your card in my comment section by Thursday, January 1st.
2. If you upload your card to SCS or PCP, please use the keyword jfvellum08 so we can see them linked together.
3. You can use any company's stamps you'd like to use on your challenge card.

On Friday, January 2nd I'll pick a random winner to receive 2 of my favorite tinsel embossing powder bottles (snowflake & black diamonds), a Euphoria Basic Grey 6x6 paper pack, and a Kaiser Kraft pack of rhinestones and pearls.

Here's my sample card....

Today's card is a bright cheerful one - perfect for a girl of any age! When I was making it, I was thinking of a teenage girl, but certainly it could be sent to any of my girlfriends. Because we're in winter mode here in the midwest, I'm particularily drawn to bright colors right now!

To soften the bright pattern of this Basic Grey Euphoria patterned paper, I put a sheet of vellum over it. I stamped the butterflies from GinaK's Take Flight stamp set in versamark and embossed with Ranger's Snowflake Tinsel embossing powder.

This stuff is so cool - we carry it in Gina's store, but she doesn't have it online yet. The powder is white with chunky irridescent glitter in it. Then, I tore the bottom of the vellum to add a little more visual interest to it.

Then I used Fiskars flower border punch for the lavendar layer and to highlight the flowers a little more, I put a little lavendar rhinestone in between each flower.

I hope you'll have time to play along with my challenge! I can't wait to see what you'll come up with!

Jessica

1 comment:

Sharri said...

Hi Jess!

I can't believe I am the first one to link for the challenge! Are we suppose to link to the comments??
I uploaded my to SCS and here is a link to my gallery/picture: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1176314?cat=500&ppuser=35233
It was a fun challenge! Thank you and Happy New Year!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails