Oct 4, 2008

Happy World Card Making Day!


Good morning!

Have you seen the exciting news that Gina announced yesterday? It's called, "Make a Card, Make a Difference" and it is such an awesome idea! She's asking us to make cards to send to the Military and offering some awesome prizes as well!

Just look at this list of prizes waiting to be won:

We will give you one entry for every card you send and you will be entered in a huge drawing for prizes galore. Deadline for receiving cards is October 30th. Winners will be announced on November 1st.Here is what you could win!

1 - $250 shopping spree at Gina K. Designs

1 - Box of Copic Ciao makers of your choice

3 - $50.00 Gift Certificates for Gina K. Designs stamps

5 - Stamp sets

10 Opportunities to win! And if you send 20 cards, you get your name tossed in the pot 20 times! It's that easy!

The complete details can be found on her blog here.


Card details: Winter Foliage, Bleach, Silver Encore Ink, Detail Clear Embossing Powder, Yellow Marvy Scallop Circle, Silver Cording, Clear Rhinestones, SU cardstock: Hunter, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum

Here's one of the cards I'm going to add to the box to send. This was one of the cards that I made for Gina's Release party last Thursday night. It uses her brand new Free with Three stamps set Winter Foliage.

Gina has been busy using bleach a lot lately on her cards. Between her Stamping Cruise projects and some of the recent cards she's been showing on her blog, bleach has been one of her favorite products to use. After teasing her about how her laundry was coming, I had to admit that I've never tried to use bleach on my cards yet.

So, I thought I'd do some experimenting while preparing for the release party last weekend and was so surprised with how quick and easy it was. It felt like I was doing a science experiment seeing what colors the bleach would turn the cardstock into! Really, who would have thought that by stamping my pine sprigs on Handsome Hunter cardstock that bleach would change it to Pale Plum! Not me, that's for sure! But, I loved the effect!

I am no bleach expert, but here's a few tips that I learned - and please share yours if you have any for this newbie!

* I used the bleach gel pen and dabbed it right on the stamp. I also put a little squirt of bleach onto a plastic plate to use as my 'ink pad.' But, I found that dabbed it with the brush side that is on the gel bleach pen was the easiest.

* When you're done stamping, use your heat gun to dry it. That's when the true bleached color will come out.

* Wash your stamps right away with Ultra Clean and your Stamping Scrubber.

I hope you have an opportunity to do some stamping today in honor of World Card Making Day! Splitcoast Stampers has some awesome stamping events going on as do many other companies! I'm planning on doing some crafting in my Craft Room later today in preparation for some upcoming Christmas classes.

Be sure to stop back tomorrow because I'm going to highlight my GinaK Stamping Challenge that I issued on Thursday night during the release party. I'll have a few new samples to share along with the ones that I showed during the party. My contest runs until Tuesday night - so you have plenty of time to participate!

Happy Stamping!!
Jessica

1 comment:

Theresa Momber said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the way you used the foliage to frame the cardstock. TFS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails