Aug 28, 2008

Spooky Alcohol Inks and a RAK!


Hi again!

I wanted to share this spooky card I made a few days ago while playing with one of the new paper packs that Gina has added to her store. (I believe she'll be adding the yummy packs to her online store next week for her release.)

I was inspired by one of her recent blog posts, to try to cut the paper diagonally. I rarely ever do that - I'm totally a basic shape kind of girl. But after seeing how cute her card turned out, I thought I would give it a try. I used the same black paper pack she did because it's perfect for Halloween, don't you think?

I also used a new stamp set for me on this one, Happy Haunting. It's the same set she used, just a different image from it. Typically, I don't do halloween cards but this set is so cute! And, if you like this set you're going to LOVE one of her new ones she's releasing next week! It's so fun and yes, I'm a tease! LOL!

I thought this house image would be great with Polished stone. Using Ranger's Alcohol inks - Denim, Mushroom, and Silver, it made a perfect backdrop for the spooky house. The house was stamped in Versafine black in and embossed with black embossing powder to really make it pop. The spider was cut out and colored with a couple of copic markers. Then, I put Crystal Lacquer over the body of the spider and using my black Sakura glaze pens, I traced his legs.

And look at this beautiful card I received in the mail a little while ago. Caroline, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get a photo of it and put on my blog! I'm in love with everything you added to this beauty! Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. Caroline's blog is one of my favorites - her work is amazing.

Have an awesome rest of your day!

Jessica

3 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

OMG! This is AWEsome! That sky is perfect! I must try this technique. LOVE it!

and SHAME on you you tease! I have been having serious NRGKDW's! (New Release Gina K Design Withdrawal's)....

Anonymous said...

You are a TOTAL tease!!! you KNOW how I get ... just a little sneak peak PLEASE :)

AngieG2000 said...

I love the haunted house card! I took your stop and stamp class last weekend and learned about the polished stone look. Now I really have an excuse to start doing polished stone! Have a nice holiday weekend!
~Angie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails