Aug 14, 2008

Krazy Kid's Star Book

Happy Thursday!

I thought I'd share another Star Book with you today. This one is actually my favorite one that I've made so far. The K&Co. Papers are so bright and cheerful and paired with Gina's super cute animals and my beautiful family... it's a winner to me!

The stamps were all stamped in Stazon ink and colored with Koh-i-noor Pencils, OMS, and blending stumps. The pigs were paper pieced on some scraps from the paper that I used for the book.



There's all kinds of embellishments added to the animals - googlie eyes, glitter, flock, crystal effects... you name it! On the chickens and lambs, I swirled white liquid applique over the images and then sprinkled with Doodlebug's Colored glitter before I heated it. It's a really cool effect.

The photo and image mats are 3.5" squares. I decided to stamp my images and pop them up to add some dimension. I used Stampin Up's Round tab punch on each star point. The flowers are punched from my Fuzzy Flock paper by using Stampin Up's Boho Blossom's Flower punch. A variety of Queen & Co. Brads are in each flower center. They are all popped up too.

It's a wild book - with all sorts of patterns and elements thrown together. I love it when craziness works! LOL!

The image mats all have self adhesive rhinestones in each corner. Each photo mat has my hand-drawn journal lines around it as well.

These are some more old photos of my family - most of them were taken at least 2 years ago. I love making little books like these with photos that are stored in my photo boxes. It's a great way to whittle down that box!



Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of your day!

Jessica

2 comments:

Christi Flores said...

This is so sweet!! I love these star books!!

Cat Tidwell said...

OMG!! Another awesome creation! There is so much to see on these! They are just fantastic. I especially love them pigs, one of my favs! Thank so much for the inspiration Jessica!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails