Jul 24, 2008

3x3 Gift Cards


Hi!

Today's post is a quick one as I'm on my way to work at Gina's store in a few minutes.

I love making 3x3 mini cards - they are so quick and easy! I made these a while back with a favorite retired Stampin Up set of mine called "On the Move." These little images are perfect for this sized card.



I used Stampin Up's Craft Ink spots to edge the dark cardstock bases - it leaves a soft chalk-like finish to the edges. And, it's super easy to do - just take the ink spots and rub the edges of the cardstock. On some of them, I also stamped some small images from other SU stamp sets with the craft ink as well.

Then, I took my heat gun and dried the ink. That's the key to craft ink on dark paper. Once you heat it, it dries to a lighter, soft finish. Experiment with different colors on different cardstock - they'll all be a little different! My favorite spot families for this technique are the soft subtles and earth elements. They really seem to pop when heated!


Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica






2 comments:

Christi Flores said...

I haven't made a 3x3 card in forever!! They are all adorable! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Barbara Taylor said...

Jessica love your cards. After the reveal I ordered the three sets, can't wait to receive and make some cards. Your inspiration has jump started me. I do have trouble coloring though. Need more tips. Wish I lived close where I could come to the store. Look forward to many more beautiful cards. Barb.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails