Pages

Apr 18, 2009

Memento Markers & Koh-i-noor Pencils Coloring...

Good morning!

I haven't been able to update my blog lately because my Canon digital SLR camera broke over spring break... boohoo... I have another camera that I can use, but it's not the same... *sniff*


Brad searched online and found out what the issue with it was and then began searching out how to fix it. Last night he found a step by step picture of how to fix it and it was so traumatic, we both said "Let's just get a new one!" Wanna see the photo that freaked us both out?

See that little green arrow - that's showing what's broken on my camera. So, we'd have to take the camera apart so it looks like this to then take it apart even further to fix it. YIKES!! I found out that it wasn't my fault (yay!) but the plastic pin that we would have to replace routinely breaks between 10,000 - 50.000 shots. Since we've had the camera for over 5 years, I'm sure I've taken that many photos!

So, we're shopping for a new Canon Camera - so I can use my favorite lens and attachments with the new one... Wish us luck!

Now, on to the cards for this morning... First up, is a bookmark that I made using a couple of stamps from this adorable SU set called Forest Friends...


These stamps that I'm using on today's projects are bold image stamps. I used both Memento Markers and Koh-i-noor Pencils with Blending Stumps & Odorless Mineral Spirits to shade the images.

First, I colored the stamps with the Water-based Memento Markers and stamped them out on Georgia Pacific 110lb. cardstock that I bought at Walmart. (The only time I use this paper is for this technique - the paper lends itself to blending with the OMS and pencils really well. Otherwise, it's my daughter Ashley's paper to use for her projects.)

Then, I took similar colored Koh-i-noor Pencils and colored over the stamped lines with a couple of shades similar to the marker colors and blended it with OMS and blending stumps. I was so happy with how soft everything turned out - to me it looked like coloring that you may find in an old fashioned Children's Storybook.



This second card uses 3 sets all combined together to make this scene. I thought this was kind of a funny saying to give to a guy, so I used this wise old owl sitting on the branch to go with it! The sentiment is a Sale-a-bration one from this year.

Here's a closeup of the main image panel so you can see the shading a little better...


I'm off to get breakfast for my family and head out to teach Copic Box A coloring today! It will be fun getting together with some friends to color - I love those markers!
Have a great weekend!
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. EEEEEEEEEKKKKKK....that is one scary camera mess. Unless your hubby is one crazy miracle worker, I'd agree...time to get a new camera.

    I just got my Koh-i-noor Pencils and am having such fun with them. Thanks for your wonderful inspiration with these fantastic cards!

    Good luck with your camera shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate hearing from you!