Pages

Jun 5, 2012

The Twinery & Rubbernecker Blog Hop event!



Good morning!

It's time for another co-sponsored blog hop event with The Twinery!  This time we're pairing up with Rubbernecker Stamps for a fun one day hop!  If you've arrived on my blog from Jennifer's blog, you're right on track for today's event.  If not, consider starting at the beginning to make sure you don't miss out on any of the eye candy for today.


I was sent the beautiful Fall Trilogy stamp set to work with and enjoyed making a couple of CAS nature inspired cards.  On my first card I used Honeydew and Cappuccino Twines for a simple bow.

Card Details
Stamps: Fall Trilogy (Rubbernecker)
Ink: PaperTrey Ink and memento cocoa marker
Card stock: PTI
Other: honeydew & cappunccino twines; copper nailheads; corner rounder; PTI woodgrain impression plate

My next card is a bit more 'shabby' with some layering and repetitive stamping to create a 'forest' of weeds. After stamping the leaves, I used an distressing impression plate to add just a bit of texture to the background then shaded the edges with a Clearsnap light brown chalk ink.  I used our two brown shades of twine for this card - flax and cappuccino.

Card Details
Stamps: Fall Trilogy (Rubbernecker)
Ink: PaperTrey Ink; Clearsnap
Card stock: PTI
Other: Flax & Cappuccino twine from The Twinery; PTI frame; copper nailheads; impression plate from PTI



The next stop on today's hop is my friend Joan's blog!  As you follow along on today's hop, be sure to leave comments along the way for a great prize package from both Rubbernecker & The Twinery!  The contest ends Friday, June 8 at 11:59 pm.







Happy Hopping!
Jessica

65 comments:

  1. Jessica, these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I see a CASE in the future as I have this stamp set. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both card are marvelous!! Your forest of weeds is most fabulous! Thanks for playing with the Stampin' Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your project. Super cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fall trilogy set is one of my favs Jessica - love how you stamped it and the pretty twine bows you embellished the fronds with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first card is so beautiful and lovely, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards...love the stamp set...and the twines are so fun to work with!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your first card, as it is from my favorite poet! Just beautiful! And the second has such lovely colors! Thanks for joining forces with Rubbernecker Stamps today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful cards, and great use of the twine as embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jess, I'm so happy to be hopping along with you today! I LOVE your serenely beautiful cards. Fall Trilogy is one of my favorite Rubbernecker stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I especially love the design of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great cards. I like very thing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of your cards are so elegant and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I simply love both of the cards you made, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two very beautiful cards. thanks Mary L Schreiber

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmmm, mmmmm, I love the serene peaceful look of these cards. Beautiful creations!! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards Jessica! love the coordinating twine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these images and the twine pairs so nicely! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so beautiful and serene. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards--simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the textue you added to both cards! Really makes the pop. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cards! I love finding beautiful CAS cards (like your's) since I'm not all that great at creating them myself! Don't know which I like better --- they are both so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI Jess (insert wave) Love that aqua colored card -- awesome samples~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very lovely. I love simplicity although i don't do it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These cards are WONDERFUL!

    I really like how you used the embossing with the green and brown card--very earthy, clean, and natural!

    The blue card is beautiful, too!

    Beautifully done, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both cards are beautiful! Love the texture from the background embossing on your first card - really sets of the main panel and highlights your leaf sprigs. Love the colors of blue and brown on the second card. Great idea to use two colors of twine on each card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. People would pay a fortune for these cards!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That Robert Frost poem is one of my favorites of all time and I love the woodgrain you used for the background! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty color choices. Thanks for sharing.

    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Both are gorgeous.
    TFS
    Loly Borda

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are two fabulous cards, but the first one appeals top me the most.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous designs. Love how you used the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What perfectly beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are so pretty and elegant Jessica. Love the touch of twine!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What beautiful colors! Very inspirational cards!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabulous cards and the twine is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have gotten the best ideas from this blog hop, it's unreal. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  38. These cards are amazing! Love especially the second one!

    Greetings from Germany
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  39. Who doesn't love to dream?

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very pretty cards. I especially love the wood background.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Two beautiful projects. Love the sentiments on both!! Your stamping techniques are amazing! The twine just adds to it. TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love both of these cards. Wonderful work. They are both peaceful and beautiful. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Both cards are gorgeous, Jessica...love how you used the fern stamps and the twine looks awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your cards are simply stunning! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  45. love, love both cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love both of these, Jessica. Such pretty colors on each too :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful card!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful cards ! TFS.

    julieshearer@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  49. what adorable cards, and just enough colorful twine to give it dept

    ReplyDelete
  50. Two super beautiful cards! Great job!!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Both cards are beautiful; I like this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Stunning cards, Jessica. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful cards, love the layering and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  54. YES!!!
    Awesome creations, Ms. Jessica! I so love the foliage creations, paired with the fabby twine!!

    (((hugs)))
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  55. there are so many beautiful colors twine. Loe your little twine bow!

    ReplyDelete
  56. LOVE both of your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Stunning cards!!!
    Beverly
    jordanbev5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Really liked both cards. Normally I don't care much for green but the way you used it looked so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate hearing from you!