Pages
▼
Apr 10, 2011
Moxie Fab: Make Mine a Double!
Hi there!
This afternoon I had the opportunity to make a card for this week's Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger Inspiration photo: A Burst of Blooms
I was inspired by a couple of things in this photo. First of all the size - I like the brown chair with the afghan draped over it and decided to use a 3" x 11" scrap of Kraft card stock for my card base (scored at 5 1/2"). Then, I was drawn to the shape of the flowers in the afghan and thought of this PTI doily die mimicked the shape quite well. Lastly, the afghan itself had a 'polka dot' feel to me, so I pulled out some October Afternoon polka dot scrap paper to use on the card front.
Card Details (3 1/4" x 5 1/2" card size)
Stamps: Make Mine a Double (MFT)
Ink: Versafine black; Distress tumbled glass & broken china (inside)
Card stock: Copic Xpress it; MFT solid; October Afternoon patterned
Other: Sewing machine; MFT scallop die; PTI doily die; May Arts silk ribbon; Copic markers; detail clear embossing powder; dauber; Spica glitter pens; Spellbinder long rectangle die
and the inside view...
It was quite enjoyable using up several scrap patterned papers to make this card - love to mix and match patterned papers from a variety of October Afternoon lines. It just makes me happy that all their collections work so well together!
Thanks for checking in on me today!
Jessica

How cute! Great papers and colors!
ReplyDeleteLove your interpretation of the inspiration. I am unable to buy such small doilies, so I currently cut parts out of some larger ones that I have :-)
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
Sigh...that lovely doily & ribbon...and I love the mix of stitching :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute, Jessica! Love the colors and the adorable image! The doily is a great accent!
ReplyDeleteHey Jessica! What a "sweet" approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)
ReplyDeleteo what a cutie!
ReplyDelete